If only you remember, I told you Cubic was in a midst of major restructuring. The new structure takes effective on the 4th Dec. Yesterday was Friday, and we had a briefing. We all walked out from the Function Room shocked and blur. Do you also remember I told you about my new COO? Oh ya, a lot dunno what COO stands for. It's Chief Operating Officer, you know in a company there is a CEO, CSO, COO, CFO, CTO…etc, in the board of directors? Alright.
Some history to share. I joined Cubic last year in Nov, yeap I have been there for 1 year already and counting. For that one year, I was in
Personnel Management Department. Back then we also had
HR Management Services Department. Nobody understand why the segregation. Not important, now we have a whole new structure, only the one and only
Human Resource Management Department. Not to say there is no more Personnel Management Department though, it remains but the diff is that, it has fewer staff now. Payroll and Compensation/benefit remain under Personnel Management. Employee Relations, Employee Admin, Training and Development, Recruitment will be in the new
Human Resource Management Department.
There are many groups in Cubic now. Human Resource Management Department, Quality Management, and a few others will be in the
Corporate Operation Group (COG) , all headed by my COO :) For other groups (Production, Supply Chain, IT, Finance..) they will be taken care of by other Head Of Groups.
Last time, me and Eva(my supervisor) were doing Training Needs Identification, Training Needs Analysis, taking care of the resource center, and company books, HRDF Application and Claims etc etc. Now Eva together with a malay lady will be handling those, without me. Gosh, it took me a while to accept that fact.
There are quite a lot of job/position changes. Some won't be doing what they have been doing, some will be taking over some other's task, some got 'demoted' and one person will be handling a new job, introduced and created by the COO, I believe.
And that person is...me. I know why he 'grants' me that job…not gonna blog about it much but its for the good. Will talk about the job more after I get a clearer pic of it myself.
Chances alwiz come with pressure.
I wont be reporting to Eva I guess, wont be under my ex-manager too. I will be reporting to this senior manager (my superior) who actually joined Cubic with my COO. Dun wanna mention names, but it seems like a lot of directors/managers/executives in big Malacca companies’ know about these people.
Oops I talk too much.
But I'll blog about my new lady superior and my big boss when I have the time. Maybe juz a lil.
Let me touch abit of that project my COO assigned me 2 months ago. Yeah he made me the project leader and my team has been doing a good work. We have had a lot of brain storming, arguments, discussions session juz to come out with good questionnaire for company survey. It sounds easy. You may thought, we can juz ask questions like :
Are you happy working in Cubic?
Are you satisfied working in Cubic?
I think the cleanliness in my work area is satisfactory.
But nope! It's never that easy. I need to make sure the creation of questions are based on world-wide validated research. We have to think what we really want to measure from the responses we get from each questions asked. What sampling methods to use, pro and cons of the diff sampling methods, sample size, how we wanna analyse the responses later, what variables we need to put in, what kind of analysis of relationship we wanna get, the validity and reliability of the survey etc :) My COO is willing to guide me throughout the process but if you think he will spoonfeed me, then you're wrong. It will be a suffering process but I'm ready for the challenge. Now after the restructuring I’m kinda under his supervision summore, fuuh...
I really gotta perform.